Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Journey of the Ark

Default The Journey of the Ark

The Journey of the Ark
    A Short story by Ramesh Daryanani

Jamie sat on the sofa as he normally did watching movies on the telly. Today they were showing "Raiders of the Lost Ark." Jamie had seen this movie many times and always marvelled at Indiana Jones quick reactions and lucky escapes.

As the movie ended he turned around and noticed his Uncle Benjamin standing at the door watching him. "You know, the Ark of the Covenant is actually more powerful than they let on in that movie."

Jamie studied his Uncle Ben's face. Uncle Ben was perhaps no more than 35, yet his face seemed much older and wiser. "What do you mean", he queried, "In what way is it more powerful?" His mind went back to the movie, in which the power inside the Ark overwhelmed and destroyed the Evil Nazis bent on mastering it's power.

"Do you know what the Ark is? It is not only the container for the Ten Commandments, but was designed by God Himself to be a line of communication between us and Him. It contains a tiny infinitesimal portion of His power, yet it's power can heal and destroy. There are many stories of it flattening mountains, laying waste to armies, inflicting severe burns and cancers."

"How do you know so much about the Ark?", asked Jamie. "Because I have seen it, right here in Jamaica. Here in St. Catherine, no less!" Uncle Ben's eyes twinkled while Jamie's rolled in amazement. Here in Jamaica! Uncle Ben must be Joking! What was this precious artifact of Ancient Israel doing in Jamaica of all places!

"You think I'm pulling your leg? Let me tell you the story, the story of the Journey of the Ark." Jamie was all ears.

"This story begins with the reign of King Manasseh. Under his rule, the great Temple of Solomon was converted for pagan worship. The priests of the Temple moved the Ark, fearing it would also be plundered. How it reached Ethiopia itself has been speculated and many theories have been expressed. But there were reports of it being for a time in Elephantine, a small island off the coast of Aswan." Jamie's was now totally immersed in Uncles's story.

"The Ark stayed on the island for over 200 years, until it was removed and transported up the Nile to Tana Cherkos. There it remained for 800 years. Did you know that Mary, Mother of Jesus came and blessed the Island of Tana Cherkos?"

"Mary? What about Jesus? Was he there as well?"

"Yes. You have heard that Joseph, Mary and little Jesus escaped to Egypt while being hunted down by Herod? They literally disappeared for twelve years, unaccounted for by the Bible. But that is still not the entire story." Jamie looked at his watch. It was now a quarter to eight. Nearly his bedtime.

"You remember that Haile Selassie came over from Ethiopia, and all the Rastafarians were so ecstatic that their God had come to see them? No matter how much he claimed he was not God but just His messenger, they still believed the lie? They had adopted the Ethiopian Coptic Church as their Church of redemption, the only way to God. At the time, the Ethiopian Church had secret meetings with Rastafarian Elders for the transportation and safe keeping of the Ark in Jamaica as they felt that Political persecution of Haile Selassie would make the future of the Ark unsafe in their home country. It was brought over and secretly stored in a non-descript house in a rural part of St. Catherine. And that is the story of how the Ark came to be in Jamaica."

"Wow," remarked Jamie as he pulled the covers over his body, "Is this really true?" trying very hard to take in all he heard. "That would mean that Jamaica is a very Blessed country."

"Of course. Every word. And it is a very Blessed country" Uncle Ben smiled as he turned off the lights. Children would believe ANYTHING!
    Last edited by ramesh; April 22, 2005 at 11:26 AM.
    Life: "It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing." - MacBeth
    http://www.caribyard.com/forums/search.php?do=getnew
    Providence protects children and idiots. I know because I have tested it.
    Echinsu Ocha
    Darmok and Jalad at Tanagra
    Social occasions are only warfare concealed.
    "Why did God make us so different if he wanted us to all be the same?"

Default Re: The Journey of the Ark

...interesting

I read in Popular Science magazine once that the Ark of the Covenant is naught but a giant capacitor - which explains why it was able to store the energy that it did. They went as far as to say that the clothing that the Levites wore when they carried the ark acted as a natural ground for the millions of volts of electrical power that it stored. They also said that the rods that ran through the mounting holes at the side of the ark aren't electriccal conductors. So it was relatively safe as is.

They speculate that where ever the ark is right now, it's not as dangerous as before. No natural capacity can store electricity for that long. It would dissipate over time.
    Copyright 2003 - 2008, Xenocratesian Institute of Awesomeness
    Example is better than Indoctrination @ http://xenlogic.wordpress.com
    "Xenocratus locuti est; causa finita est"
    All Rights Reserved.

Now we know why IVAN left us alone

On the story note... Ramsey what if you expand on a Jamaican indiana jones ?
    Attitude is everything.

ivan hail we a wha u feel like .................

ask neone on the south & east coasts

hell of a "wave it was too"
    Last edited by nuhsenutten; April 23, 2005 at 10:45 AM.
    dem call me hot steppa .....mudera!

Quote Originally Posted by Gillion
    On the story note... Ramsey what if you expand on a Jamaican indiana jones ?
    A Jamaican Indiana Jones..... that's an interesting idea.
    Life: "It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing." - MacBeth
    Echinsu Ocha

[QUOTE=ramesh]The Journey of the Ark
    A Short story by Ramesh Daryanani

Sorry to appear dumb ramesh,but is this an original story by yourself or are you a conduit for it? It is a remarkable tale full of intrigue.Makes me wish I could immerse myself in books like many in cy do.

Quote Originally Posted by easyskanka
    Sorry to appear dumb ramesh,but is this an original story by yourself or are you a conduit for it? It is a remarkable tale full of intrigue.Makes me wish I could immerse myself in books like many in cy do.
    Conduit? Nope, I am entirely responsible for the content. Just like Dan Brown, I have taken "historical evidence" and added some of my own content to produce a small "masterpiece" of fiction.
    Echinsu Ocha

Quote Originally Posted by ramesh
    I have taken "historical evidence" and added some of my own content to produce a small "masterpiece" of fiction.
    BRILLIANT .................................................. .....
    dem call me hot steppa .....mudera!

I got this already...saw it ready...some time ago.....
    Women want one man to satisfy all their needs and men want all women to satisfy their one need!

Quote Originally Posted by ramesh
    Conduit? Nope, I am entirely responsible for the content. Just like Dan Brown, I have taken "historical evidence" and added some of my own content to produce a small "masterpiece" of fiction.
    Would you know if the 'historical evidence' is based in accurate hard to dispel facts?Or is it deliberately designed to be ambiguous thereby ensuring your 'masterpiece' cult status for it's modest author.

Thread Information