View Poll Results: Would you give information on criminal activites to the police?

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

14 73.68%
  • No

5 26.32%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Would you give information on criminal activities to the police?

Default Re: Would you give information on criminal activities to the police?

so what about BCK...would you? Why o why not?

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCryptoKnight
    If no one is willing to hold criminals accountable for their crimes, and give information on them to the police, how do people expect crime to be stopped?
    Pay dem a little money fi leave yu alone. At least, until the next time they come back to collect.

And when they come back for more? And you making less than what they want?
    Life: "It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing." - MacBeth
    http://www.caribyard.com/forums/search.php?do=getnew
    Providence protects children and idiots. I know because I have tested it.
    Echinsu Ocha
    Darmok and Jalad at Tanagra
    Social occasions are only warfare concealed.
    "Why did God make us so different if he wanted us to all be the same?"

Quote Originally Posted by Manu
    so what about BCK...would you? Why o why not?
    I would give information to the police about any criminal activities I knew of. Depending on the nature of the situation, I may chose to do so anonymously, but I would try to do what I felt was right. I believe that the reason that the criminals are comfortable doing what they do, is because nobody wants to hold them accountable for their actions. There are times when people just need to do what's right, regardless of how unpleasant the consequences are percieved to be. Otherwise, there is no hope of anything getting better.

People fear becoming targets of criminals if they give information against them, but what assurance do any of us have that we won't be targetted regardless? It doesn't take much these days... a cell phone can make you a murder victim. I say make crime unprofitable and uncomfortable. Inform 'pon di punk dem!
    Working for a better future.

WITNESSES CLAMMING UP

Speaking with The Gleaner yesterday, Deputy Commissioner of Police Mark Shields, who is in charge of the crime portfolio, said he and his team were doing everything in their power to curb the crime rate.

However, he points to the unwillingness on the part of witnesses to come forward and give information as one of the biggest obstacles facing the police.

"The police alone cannot do it, everybody needs to play their part," the DCP Shields told The Gleaner last night.
    Read more...

Remaining silent does not guarantee that crime will not affect you. Eventually, it will reach you if it is allowed to grow and spread.

i am so unfortunate not to know of any of these offenders (riiiite), cuz jah know, mi woulda talk still (anonymously ofcourse) i dont even like cheaters, so ppl who kill others, smuggle drugs etc... woulda definately get inform pon by moi.
    Post Proleum Praemium

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCryptoKnight
    Read more...

Remaining silent does not guarantee that crime will not affect you. Eventually, it will reach you if it is allowed to grow and spread.

This is essentially what people don't understand. They think it is not their business....but our country is everybody's business.....

More and more I'm thinking I'd rather die a hero than live in fear! (Sorry babe)

Absolutely. In fact, I am disgusted with the women of these gunmen who harbour them and live off their blood money. I would sell out even my own brother if I discovered he was a gunman. No questions asked. Gunman fi DIE!

Ofcourse... I'd move to Canada first.
    © Copyright 2003 - 2008, Xenocratesian Institute of Awesomeness
    Example is better than Indoctrination @ http://xenlogic.wordpress.com
    "Xenocratus locuti est; causa finita est"
    All Rights Reserved.

Lemme ask something. Why is it that "informers" are looked down upon when they are the ones doing what is right? Why is there such a culture of "cover up" and such demonization of those who would seek to support law and order? And I don't want to hear about the "fear for life" argument, because the mentality extends far beyond just criminal activities and fear of reprisals. It is ingrained into the minds of the people that when people do bad things - whatever they are, they must be covered up and not exposed.

Exclamation Re: Would you give information on criminal activities to the police?

I never understood it either, the same man the kick down your door and murder your children is the same yute you going to block road and protest for when police kill or even arrest him, not to mention them swear he was/is a good yute and “neva mix up inna nuttin”.

I think people who reside in inncer city communities don’t report criminal activity because apparently the same people who are “taking care of the community” are the ones who are killing them off but if they inform their well being is at stake so I guess they would rather have food on their table and sleep under the bed than provide for themselves and sleep on the bed.

I think the majority of citizens residing outside these communities turn a blind eye to criminal activity until they are directly affected.

Plus our community is easily swayed by catchy dull lyrics such as “informer muss dead” and there are people who live by these words. So it would seem that once we pick up the phone to report something, we are in fact putting out a contract for ourselves though we are doing the right thing. One thing that might help the situation is citizens and the constabulary force developing a better relationship where we wont view the police as the enemy and actually help them to help us remove the delinquents among us.

Thread Information