View Poll Results: How comfortable are you with questioning your beliefs?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • I have no problem questioning and challenging my beliefs. It strengthens my belief.

10 76.92%
  • I don't feel comfortable questioning. Don't want to rock the boat.

1 7.69%
  • I'm not sure how I feel.

1 7.69%
  • I don't hold firmly to anything, I just accept whatever ...

1 7.69%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Questioning your faith

Default Re: Questioning your faith

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCryptoKnight
    Are you comfortable questioning what you belive in - whether it be religious, spiritual, political beliefs or whatever? Why or why not?
    Well look at this when you question what you believe in and you find evidence that shows yes what you stand is right, it helps to build your resolve and if you see where there is need for improvement you do so and if some just doesn't add up then its time for a closer examination. So yeah i'm comfortable doing that. Plus not because some says the sky is blue i shud accept it as is, i shud also be able to see that its blue from my examination.
    Entre lo que existe y lo que no existe, el espacio es el amor

A hypocrite is a person but who isn't?

Some things I question...some I know to be true, but when it comes to God, I just believe and follow suit. The Bible says in all that getting, get understanding. So in matters i don't understand, I go right to the Master and his word about them and he never fails. He provides the answer.

So there is nothing wrong with questioning your faith, as it brings clarity and understanding. The real hard part is choicing to believe after you have been enlightened.
    Living my life in Christ like its golden.

It depends.....

The apostle Paul advises that we keep on searching the scriptures to see if we are in the truth

Yet, if we should draw reference to Jesus' response the 3 temptations of the devil while in the wilderness, you can see that you do not need to test your religon to see how much it can do for you. Belief is a powerful tool, don't toy with it.
    Free Thinkers are those who are willing to use their minds without fearing to understand things that clash with their own customs, beliefs for priviledges. This state of mind is not common, but it is essential for right thinking; where it is absent, discussion is apt to become worse than useless.

Thread Information