Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: culture shock - men sleeping with daughters

Default culture shock - men sleeping with daughters

ok, in the states, if a man sleeps naked with his naked daughter, even if they dont do nothing, thats against the law, but apparently here on the island, men do this all the time, or am i wrong?

at what age does a little girl stop sleeping in the same bed naked with her naked father, when the father has a 4 bedroom house with 2 of the bedrooms empty?

the housekeeper here at the guesthouse i stays in says that many girls on this island end up pregnant by their own fathers!! this is truly something i find horrific and difficult to accept!

Default Re: culture shock - men sleeping with daughters

at what age does a little girl stop sleeping in the same bed naked with her naked father
    lol, first me a hear bout that...

Im pretty sure that sorta thing isn't supported in JA, might not be against "the law" but it not practised... i hope not

Quote Originally Posted by hebrew sista
    ok, in the states, if a man sleeps naked with his naked daughter, even if they dont do nothing, thats against the law, but apparently here on the island, men do this all the time, or am i wrong?

at what age does a little girl stop sleeping in the same bed naked with her naked father, when the father has a 4 bedroom house with 2 of the bedrooms empty?

the housekeeper here at the guesthouse i stays in says that many girls on this island end up pregnant by their own fathers!! this is truly something i find horrific and difficult to accept!
    Hold on now. Incest happens everywhere. It is not an accepted norm in Jamaica, but it does happen. No, it's not normal for a little girl to be sleeping in the same bed with her naked father in Jamaica.

It is not a part of our culture.
    Working for a better future.

that person who gave u that idea...needs to check her facts b4 syaing such things...it may have been the norm in her house
    dem call me hot steppa .....mudera!

Some of the things u've been experiencing since uve reached here makes me wonder if ur in Jamaica and which part...

Where in Jamaica are u ?
    If U Feel A Pain In Ur Tummy U May Have Worms So Tell Ur Mommy

Question Re: culture shock - men sleeping with daughters

Indeed...I am also wondering where in Jamaica you are,because as BCK and nuhsenutten said,it's not a part of our culture ...it might be a part of the norm for that household,but definitely not supported here. Careful how you tell us where you are,cuz yu might si nuff people swarm down there fi chop up somebody
    Purple Queen
    If we all worked on the assumption that what is accepted as true were really true,
    there would be little hope of advance.

and be careful of how general ur making ur statements... we dont want people getting the wrong impression of Jamaica.
    If U Feel A Pain In Ur Tummy U May Have Worms So Tell Ur Mommy

Mine how you through word my girl, these things happen every where in the world and its legally and morally wrong regardless of the country you reside. Parents should not be sleeping with their children naked regardless of age and gender and this for sure is not a cultural practice in JA, not everything you hear you should hold as gospel. Research it on the internet and check out the statistics world wide before you draw your conclusion.
    Last edited by Temptress; January 22, 2006 at 01:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Liquid Bunny
    and be careful of how general ur making ur statements... we dont want people getting the wrong impression of Jamaica.
    That's exactly the problem LB...before checking the facts,there are all sorts of stereotypes and generalization regarding Jamaicans and our culture.
    Remember people had said(and probably still saying)that Jamaicans live in trees,etc...Ridiculous statements like that truly made alot of persons from other countries believe. It is not until they come here and see for themselves that such statements are false.
    Purple Queen
    If we all worked on the assumption that what is accepted as true were really true,
    there would be little hope of advance.

Relax people. She asked a question based on what a Jamaican told her. No need to get defensive. Just enlighten her.

HB

I'm not aware whether or not it's on the books as unlawful but I'm certain that it is not accepted. Some men are just perverted and see their daughters as a more appealing version of their mother. This type of behaviour is not unique to Jamaican men. White America is also guilty of this. Some people turn a blind eye, or just tolerate it because of the perversion of their own mind but I assure you...the more sane persons look down on this type of behaviour. No matter how young a child is, she should not be sleeping naked with her parents. And as much as it can be avoided, should not share a bed with them period!

Thread Information