Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Why smoke or drink alcohol or do drugs?

Default Why smoke or drink alcohol or do drugs?

With all the scientific evidence which exists proving the harmful effects of smoking (whether tobacco, or marijuana) and alcohol consumption, why do people continue to start to smoke and drink alcohol? Why do people start in the first place? Why is there so much promotion of these unhealthy habbits?
    Working for a better future.

Default Re: Why smoke or drink alcohol?

Do you mean society as a whole or as individuals?

I don't smoke cigarettes, I do smoke weed, usually to get to sleep or to spice up sex (about once every two/months)

I don't drink often, about once every three months, also to spice up sex, or just to relax with GF. I do drink a shot of lemoncello to help my stomach when I reach home late and have to eat a very late dinner.

If you watch the Truth ads on TV, you will see the great lengths ciggy companies take to get their products to market :-(, However those ads are sponsored by big tobacco though, as part of a settlement LOL.

Side note. I find the ads informative, but the company producing them careless, since during filming a bunch of horses fell off a cliff to their deaths due to carelessness/cheap labour.

Honestly though, personally some alcholic drinks taste quite good, I like fruity slightly sweet of stuff with mild alchoholic taste, although I like mixing stuff with gin or vodka.
    Last edited by nester-san; January 29, 2006 at 08:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by nester-san
    Do you mean society as a whole or as individuals?

I don't smoke cigarettes, I do smoke weed, usually to get to sleep or to spice up sex (about once every two/months)

I don't drink often, about once every three months, also to spice up sex, or just to relax with GF. I do drink a shot of lemoncello to help my stomach when I reach home late and have to eat a very late dinner.

If you watch the Truth ads on TV, you will see the great lengths ciggy companies take to get their products to market :-(, However those ads are sponsored by big tobacco though, as part of a settlement LOL.

Side note. I find the ads informative, but the company producing them careless, since during filming a bunch of horses fell off a cliff to their deaths due to carelessness/cheap labour.

Honestly though, personally some alcholic drinks taste quite good, I like fruity slightly sweet of stuff with mild alchoholic taste, although I like mixing stuff with gin or vodka.
    I mean why do individuals chose to smoke and drink despite the clear and proven negative impacts upon their health? Is it that they don't know any better, don't care, or value the immediate gratification over their health?

Is the temporary effect of using these substances worth the long term health problems that result from using them? Why not just be healthy and leave those things alone? Can't a person enjoy life without these things?
    Last edited by BlackCryptoKnight; January 29, 2006 at 09:05 AM.

smoke weed and drink to spice up sex? zeen
    look at the patience that I'm demonstratin'
    After a week or two I usually start eliminatin'
    But we got thru the convo on the phone
    Now we finally chillin' in the condo all alone
    I tried to be the expressive, without bein' aggressive
    Just bein suggestive, a lil more impressive

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCryptoKnight
    I mean why do individuals chose to smoke and drink despite the clear and proven negative impacts upon their health? Is it that they don't know any better, don't care, or value the immediate gratification over their health?

Is the temporary effect of using these substances worth the long term health problems that result from using them? Why not just be healthy and leave those things alone? Can't a person enjoy life without these things?

All things in moderation!

And yes, you can go through life without these things. I started drinking at 22, and smoked weed at 25, I do not do either socially, but usually in the company of VERY close friends.

Most studies do show that small amounts of wine are good for your heart ( I think a glass a day, I don't like most wines though.)

Remember, it is a personal choice, despite the influences/peer pressure. I did X on my own, after researching the good/bad for about 5 years.

I am one of those people who bore so easily it is extremely hard for me to become addicted to anything, so I have a much greater leeway in the things I can try than others.

All things in moderation!

And yes, you can go through life without these things. I started drinking at 22, and smoked weed at 25, I do not do either socially, but usually in the company of VERY close friends.

Most studies do show that small amounts of wine are good for your heart ( I think a glass a day, I don't like most wines though.)

Remember, it is a personal choice, despite the influences/peer pressure. I did X on my own, after researching the good/bad for about 5 years.

I am one of those people who bore so easily it is extremely hard for me to become addicted to anything, so I have a much greater leeway in the things I can try than others.
    You know, addicts usually start out thinking that they can't get addicted, and that they are in control of their habbit. They are usually proven wrong in the long run. Watch yourself.

Actually, the benefit to the heart that some attribute to wine, has nothing to do with the alchohol, it has to do with the grapes - so the same benefit can be had from grape juice, without the risks to health posed by alcohol. Check it.

Why even think to try smoking marijuana? What was the motivation? If you know you can go through life just fine without these things, why take the risk and use them? You may feel you have control now, but you never know how you will handle things later on. Why take the risk that you can lose control?

Quote Originally Posted by acidblade
    smoke weed and drink to spice up sex? zeen
    Some man have it...and some don't acid

Them have to get artificial stimulation.

Anyways, I don't smoke. Never will smoke. I don't see the sense. I don't care about the medical side effects of lung cancer. That's just more reason not to. Puffing smoke discolours your teeth, and makes your breath stink so why? After some man smoke weed...dem green.....their BO is excruciating man. Why must you guys do that yourself? You get a high any other way? Find a hobbby man....geez.

About Alcohol, I sip a smirnoff or rum cream like 1-3 times per year. I don't like the mix up and binge drinking of alochol. As you all should know, alcohol brings out the taste of drinks and food...and plus it sort of relaxes you so that's why I may sip a little now and then. I hate to see people go and gulp down 5 beers at a party(which tastes awful IMHO). No flavour....just bitter. To each their own I suppose....

You know, addicts usually start out thinking that they can't get addicted, and that they are in control of their habbit. They are usually proven wrong in the long run. Watch yourself.
    You have no idea the depths of boredom my mind is capable of reaching, also remember my big thing about religious independence ?

That independence applies to my body as well, while I can truely enjoy the feelings (X is really the best), I would rather die than allow myself to be dependent on anything, plus the "high" is not normal, and I cannot deal with feeling not normal for any length of time.

There really are addictive personalities, and there are personalities where they can even do crack and it is nothing.

There is a site I go to where they have scientific, and social and personal studies/reports of misc drugs, even some 99% of people have never heard about.

This guy had an intriguing article on about 8 types of drugs and the effect they had on his sex life. He and his Gf tried them togther then compared notes, and he was very specific about cocaine, he said he did it once or twice over last 5 years, did not like how it made him feel (chatty), so he had no craving whatsoever. He said in experiment his GF refused to take it, cause she cannot control urges to continue using. He said he could literally see her drooling watching him do the lines.

Btw for the curious weed was only drug he found that gave them both enhanced sexual pleasure.

Why even think to try smoking marijuana? What was the motivation? If you know you can go through life just fine without these things, why take the risk and use them? You may feel you have control now, but you never know how you will handle things later on. Why take the risk that you can lose control?
    Risk is a part of life, and at 20+ I know myself enough to know what I can take. I do not recommend drugs(including alchol) for everyone. I have several friends who I know should never try weed, or X, because of the personalities they have.

Weed also makes stuff very funny, a very small group of friends (GF and 2 other girls) and I watched the "Ali-G Movie" on some Ice Weed, and we laughed till we cried/rolling aorund on the ground.

"Harold and Kumar go to White Castle" is also 50 times funnier when you are high.

Plus I wanted to see what the hubbub was about

People can get addicted to anything, Mountain climbing, Illegal street racing, Sex, all of which are as destructive and fatal!

Drugs are just cheaper and more easily available.

Talking Re: Why smoke or drink alcohol?

Quote Originally Posted by Manu
    Some man have it...and some don't acid

Them have to get artificial stimulation.

About Alcohol, I sip a smirnoff or rum cream like 1-3 times per year. I don't like the mix up and binge drinking of alochol. As you all should know, alcohol brings out the taste of drinks and food...and plus it sort of relaxes you so that's why I may sip a little now and then. I hate to see people go and gulp down 5 beers at a party(which tastes awful IMHO). No flavour....just bitter. To each their own I suppose....

What does that have to do with sex, I never said I need it for sex, did I ?
    "spice up" Like vibrating condoms, or Trojan Twisted Pleasure condoms.

"Sort of relaxes you", sounds like artificial stimulation to me

btw, what is the diff. between sipping a smirnoff and the 5 beer drinking fellas? No same alchohol ?

one line of cocaine vs. five lines LOL ?
    Remember I said modereration!!

You have no idea the depths of boredom my mind is capable of reaching, also remember my big thing about religious independence ?

That independence applies to my body as well, while I can truely enjoy the feelings (X is really the best), I would rather die than allow myself to be dependent on anything, plus the "high" is not normal, and I cannot deal with feeling not normal for any length of time.

There really are addictive personalities, and there are personalities where they can even do crack and it is nothing.

There is a site I go to where they have scientific, and social and personal studies/reports of misc drugs, even some 99% of people have never heard about.

This guy had an intriguing article on about 8 types of drugs and the effect they had on his sex life. He and his Gf tried them togther then compared notes, and he was very specific about cocaine, he said he did it once or twice over last 5 years, did not like how it made him feel (chatty), so he had no craving whatsoever. He said in experiment his GF refused to take it, cause she cannot control urges to continue using. He said he could literally see her drooling watching him do the lines.

Btw for the curious weed was only drug he found that gave them both enhanced sexual pleasure.

Risk is a part of life, and at 20+ I know myself enough to know what I can take. I do not recommend drugs(including alchol) for everyone. I have several friends who I know should never try weed, or X, because of the personalities they have.

Weed also makes stuff very funny, a very small group of friends (GF and 2 other girls) and I watched the "Ali-G Movie" on some Ice Weed, and we laughed till we cried/rolling aorund on the ground.

"Harold and Kumar go to White Castle" is also 50 times funnier when you are high.

Plus I wanted to see what the hubbub was about

People can get addicted to anything, Mountain climbing, Illegal street racing, Sex, all of which are as destructive and fatal!

Drugs are just cheaper and more easily available.
    Dude, you can talk about moderation, and your ability to control etc. etc. all you want. Everytime you partake of those things, you damage your body. Scientific fact. From killing braincells, to damaging lungs, to putting strain on the internal organs (liver, kidney). Yes, there are many risky things in life, some of which definitely need to be avoided - including things like alcohol and tobacco/marijuana/other drugs.

The question is whether it is sensible to do something which is unhealthy, regardless of the amount of "moderation" one thinks one can impose on usage.

At the root of it is something you spoke of, the need to feel something or escape from something. It points to some deeper psychological condition which in fact, does indicate dependence. You may think you "can't allow yourself to be dependent" but in reality you are. Those deeper issues need to be resolved so you can be healthy.

Thread Information