Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 33

Thread: Race relations in Trinidad

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    525

    Default Re: Race relations in Trinidad

    Quote Originally Posted by BlackCryptoKnight
    How well do the different racial groups get along in Trinidad? Is it true that the Indians don't like the blacks and vice versa? What's the real deal? What's the history?
    Its the blinkin' politics.It's the politicians that make a big issue out of the whole race topic- and is de same politicians who is good drinkin' partners when dey done do dey damage. In Trinidad we cant afford not to like each other. We may be wary of each other- but that doesnt mean we hate each other.What I have discovered is that in each part of the country, a little world/ culture exists. For example- the East Indian who lives in St.James (in the west) is a totally different kind of East Indian to the one in Chaguanas (central). They talk different, act different, think different- regardless of being in the same religion. It's amazing.
    Like anywhere else, some Indians dont like blacks, and some blacks dont like Indians. All in all, I think we get along quite well with each other as is quite evident in the faces you see everyday. Much of the population is mixed, a good portion of which is a mixture East Indian and African.

    I have more to say but i have to go to bed.

    LATERZ
    We find comfort among those who agree with us- growth among those who don't.

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    525

    Default Re: Race relations in Trinidad

    Quote Originally Posted by BlackCryptoKnight
    How well do the different racial groups get along in Trinidad? Is it true that the Indians don't like the blacks and vice versa? What's the real deal? What's the history?

    Where did you get this notion that Indians don't like blacks and vice versa?
    We find comfort among those who agree with us- growth among those who don't.

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Age
    36
    Posts
    10,484

    Default Re: Race relations in Trinidad

    Quote Originally Posted by Juliet
    Where did you get this notion that Indians don't like blacks and vice versa?

    Huh???? Are you serious???? Are you a natural Trinidadian?

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    525

    Default Re: Race relations in Trinidad

    Quote Originally Posted by Manu
    Huh???? Are you serious???? Are you a natural Trinidadian?
    No really, where did you and the creator of this thread get that notion from?
    We find comfort among those who agree with us- growth among those who don't.

  5. #15
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    5,062

    Default Re: Race relations in Trinidad

    Well I have often heard Trinis speak about the race relations and they have indicated that there are problems. In fact here is something I found online:

    Blind Patriotism is Dangerous

    Conflict between East-Indian and Black
    Has Impaired Trinidad and Guyana:
    Socially, Economically and Politically


    This doesn't mean the articles are correct, however, like I said, I have heard all too often over the years of the race relation problems in Trinidad.

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    4,682

    Default Re: Race relations in Trinidad

    Quote Originally Posted by Juliet
    Where did you get this notion that Indians don't like blacks and vice versa?
    From friends who have spent time in Trinidad, from Trinidadians, and in the media.
    Working for a better future.

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    525

    Default Re: Race relations in Trinidad

    Quote Originally Posted by BlackCryptoKnight
    From friends who have spent time in Trinidad, from Trinidadians, and in the media.

    Your opening statements recklessly insinuate that there are race relations problems between persons of African and East Indian Descent.

    Do you have any statistics to show this? No empirical evidence, any evidence, just talk from your Trinidadian friends?

    Come on man- set an example...
    We find comfort among those who agree with us- growth among those who don't.

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    525

    Default Re: Race relations in Trinidad

    Oh Look i'm a senior Carib Yardie now-

    What do I win?
    We find comfort among those who agree with us- growth among those who don't.

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Age
    36
    Posts
    3,253

    Default Re: Race relations in Trinidad

    Quote Originally Posted by Juliet
    Your opening statements recklessly insinuate that there are race relations problems between persons of African and East Indian Descent.

    Do you have any statistics to show this? No empirical evidence, any evidence, just talk from your Trinidadian friends?

    Come on man- set an example...

    Um Juliet, how is BCK's question about Race Relations In T & T any different from the question that you had about Homophobia amongst Jamaican men? I mean we would like to be enlightened to the facts, if you have them. I mean we are here to learn as well.
    Money can't buy happiness, but it will buy the type of misery one can enjoy.

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    525

    Default Re: Race relations in Trinidad

    Quote Originally Posted by Bahama Mama
    Um Juliet, how is BCK's question about Race Relations In T & T any different from the question that you had about Homophobia amongst Jamaican men? I mean we would like to be enlightened to the facts, if you have them. I mean we are here to learn as well.

    Ah boy! somebody finally gets it.
    (even if you dont realize it)
    We find comfort among those who agree with us- growth among those who don't.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •