Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Calling all pastry lovers

Default Re: Calling all pastry lovers

I like really light desserts, food that melt in your mouth:

1) Chocolate Hazelnut Orange Torte
    2) Lemon & Marscapone Mousse

Here's a recipe I recently got from Meals.com which I want to try very soon, minus the chocolate. I will add nuts instead:

Berry Heart Parfaits

1/2 cup quartered fresh strawberries
    1/2 cup fresh raspberries
    1/2 cup fresh blackberries
    1/2 cup fresh blueberries
    1/4 cup raspberry or blackberry liqueur
    1 container (8 oz.) plain or coffee flavor mascarpone cheese
    1 cup heavy whipping cream
    1/4 cup powdered sugar
    1 tablespoon vanilla extract
    20 NESTLÉ CRUNCH Hearts, unwrapped, chopped
    6 red wrapped NESTLÉ CRUNCH Hearts, for garnish

COMBINE strawberries, raspberries, blackberries, blueberries and liqueur in medium bowl. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.

COMBINE cheese, cream, sugar and vanilla extract in small mixer bowl. Beat on high speed until stiff peaks form; fold in chopped Nestlé Hearts. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.

LAYER 6 parfait glasses with alternating berries and cream mixture, ending with cream mixture. Top each parfait with 1 red wrapped Nestlé Heart.

NOTE: Try substituting NESTLÉ Milk Chocolate Hearts.

Serving Size: 6

I love light deserts. That way I can eat 2 or 3 servings after a meal, and not feel overfull.

Lemon Torte (My favourite)

Chocolate Torte

Chocolate Cheescake
    Money can't buy happiness, but it will buy the type of misery one can enjoy.

Plaintain Tarts !!! this is my favourite pastry of all time...Everytime I am in Jamaica that the first thing i buy
    "Fighting online is like racing in the Special olypmics even if you win, you are still retarded"

Quote Originally Posted by Sacha_Dee
    Plaintain Tarts !!! this is my favourite pastry of all time...Everytime I am in Jamaica that the first thing i buy
    This sounds like something I'd like to try too.
    Don't Believe The Hype...

I had a Raspberry Torte lastnight that was sooooooooooogood, just melt in my mouth

Where the heck are plantain tarts? I haven't seen one for years!! Does anybody still make them?

House Boat Grille in Mobay makes a wicked Banana cake in creme anglaise. Lawks di ting sweet!

This should be really good. If only we had Krispy Kreme donuts!

Bill Nicholson's Krispy Kreme Bread Pudding with Butter Rum Sauce

2 dozen Krispy Kreme donuts
    1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk (not evaporated)
    2 (4.5-ounce) cans fruit cocktail (undrained)
    2 eggs, beaten
    1 (9-ounce) box raisins
    1 pinch salt
    1 or 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
    Butter Rum Sauce, recipe follows

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
    Cube donuts into a large bowl. Pour other ingredients on top of donuts and let soak for a few minutes. Mix all ingredients together until donuts have soaked up the liquid as much as possible.

Bake for about 1 hour until center has jelled. Top with Butter Rum Sauce.

Butter Rum Sauce:
    1 stick butter
    1 pound box confectioners' sugar
    Rum, to taste
    Melt butter and slowly stir in confectioners' sugar. Add rum and heat until bubbly. Pour over each serving of Krispy Kreme Bread Pudding.

Somehow I think people only like cheesecake for style. I love cheese and I am in love with cake so one would think this would be perfect for me. However, cheesecake is nasty and it doesn't taste like cheese. BIG disappointment. Until recently I didn't like chocolate cake because I could never find on that tasted like actual chocolate. Then Pastry Passions came to Sovereign and I changed my mind about chocolate. I tastes like real chocolate. I would sell my first born for their chocolate cake. YUM!
    Dear God,
    Please help all the gay/chinese/poor/jewish/mormon/boring/overly religious/Seventh Day Adventists/over users of the phrase 'aye caramba '/pedophiles

Best regards,
    ME.

.::If you take me seriously you are a closet homo-christian cos 50% of the time I'm only half kidding ::.

Attempting to get stupidity down to an exact science

Too much cheesecake can spoil it. You need to keep them addicted i.m.o.

The place in Sov. open? I always wanted to go in there, but they were still renovating
    How the prices stay??? How bout a Pastry Lovers Linkup?!? or you still in Afghan..

Quote Originally Posted by Virus View Post
    Too much cheesecake can spoil it. You need to keep them addicted i.m.o.

The place in Sov. open? I always wanted to go in there, but they were still renovating
    How the prices stay??? How bout a Pastry Lovers Linkup?!? or you still in Afghan..
    The prices are affordable. Well, when they just opened the chocolate cake was $195 and blackforest and most of the chessecakes were $295. Other cakes they had didn't exceed $395. Now, they raised the chocholate cake to $230. Didn't check the price of the others because I didn't like the blackforest when I tried it and I'm not a cheesecake fan. But, I'm assuming they raised those as well.

PLL can gwan yes. Still in the Middle East sorting out some court issues. . .be back soon
    Dear God,
    Please help all the gay/chinese/poor/jewish/mormon/boring/overly religious/Seventh Day Adventists/over users of the phrase 'aye caramba '/pedophiles

Best regards,
    ME.

.::If you take me seriously you are a closet homo-christian cos 50% of the time I'm only half kidding ::.

Attempting to get stupidity down to an exact science

Thread Information