Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Calling all pastry lovers

Default Re: Calling all pastry lovers

I'm gonna try that Sovereign one tomorrow and see if its worth the hype.
    Women want one man to satisfy all their needs and men want all women to satisfy their one need!

Gooders. . .buy me some cake and dinner while you are there
    Dear God,
    Please help all the gay/chinese/poor/jewish/mormon/boring/overly religious/Seventh Day Adventists/over users of the phrase 'aye caramba '/pedophiles

Best regards,
    ME.

.::If you take me seriously you are a closet homo-christian cos 50% of the time I'm only half kidding ::.

Attempting to get stupidity down to an exact science

So im headed up that side tomorrow.. linkup? Pastry Passions..

The chocolate cakes at Pastry Passions are horribly sweet. I don't really fancy their chocolate cake at all. The brownie was also very sweet.

There regular strawberry cheese cake is good though and they give an acceptable serving size. The chocolate mint cheese cake thingy is horrible though, waste of money. That's the green one. Just stick to standard cheese cake and you all should be fine. When I went there they didn't have regular cheese cake, hence why I ended up trying the minty cheese cake, yuk! There was also a cheese cake with chocolate topping, that should have been good, I have no idea why I chose the minty thing. Thats $400 down the drain plus the other $400 for the chocolate cake. My budjet for the month is now screwed and I didn't even enjoy the delight . All because of an indiscretionary craving for expensive cake.

I don't know how Rooty enjoys the chocolate stuff they offer.

Oh and another thing, they are very expensive, I'm not going back there for now. I haven't tried Devon house pastry in a while though, guess I'll end up going there sooner or later. I hope Devon house prices haven't skyrocketed too.
    For changing their manners and altering their customs, there is nothing better than music.

Confusious 400 BC.

Them don't have the option for you to taste the cake before buying a bigger piece? Considering them expensive, maybe they should offer small taste slices, even if is for a small fee.

Quote Originally Posted by silentburn View Post
    The chocolate cakes at Pastry Passions are horribly sweet. I don't really fancy their chocolate cake at all. The brownie was also very sweet.

There regular strawberry cheese cake is good though and they give an acceptable serving size. The chocolate mint cheese cake thingy is horrible though, waste of money. That's the green one. Just stick to standard cheese cake and you all should be fine. When I went there they didn't have regular cheese cake, hence why I ended up trying the minty cheese cake, yuk! There was also a cheese cake with chocolate topping, that should have been good, I have no idea why I chose the minty thing. That's $400 down the drain plus the other $400 for the chocolate cake. My budget for the month is now screwed and I didn't even enjoy the delight . All because of an indiscretionary craving for expensive cake.

I don't know how Rooty enjoys the chocolate stuff they offer.

Oh and another thing, they are very expensive, I'm not going back there for now. I haven't tried Devon house pastry in a while though, guess I'll end up going there sooner or later. I hope Devon house prices haven't skyrocketed too.
    I enjoyed it because it was $185 a slice when I used to go there, lol. I don't find that it is too sweet at all. But I usually only eat half of the slice anyway. I can't believe it's $400 now. They start with a low price to suck you in then they raise it when they think they have you. On the other hand though, if I were to get a decent slice of cheesecake from the Cheesecake Factory it would be about $7. I went to a Chinese restaurant the other day and their cheesecake was in a shot glass (yes, a TINY shot glass) and it was about $6. So Pastry Passion's prices aren't really that out of the way considering the quality. There is a pastry place behind Super Plus in Liguanea that was charging $350 for a slice of chocolate cake back in 2007 so I can only imagine the price of it now
    Dear God,
    Please help all the gay/chinese/poor/jewish/mormon/boring/overly religious/Seventh Day Adventists/over users of the phrase 'aye caramba '/pedophiles

Best regards,
    ME.

.::If you take me seriously you are a closet homo-christian cos 50% of the time I'm only half kidding ::.

I need a place that has sugar free pastries.... preferrably in MoBay!
    Life: "It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing." - MacBeth
    http://www.caribyard.com/forums/search.php?do=getnew
    Providence protects children and idiots. I know because I have tested it.
    Echinsu Ocha
    Darmok and Jalad at Tanagra
    Social occasions are only warfare concealed.
    "Why did God make us so different if he wanted us to all be the same?"

Has anyone ever seen Chocolate Chip Cheese Cake in Jamaica?

Had it in TT. It's the most mouth watering pastry everrrrr.

I am longing to reunite with it.

Quote Originally Posted by root_gal View Post
    On the other hand though, if I were to get a decent slice of cheesecake from the Cheesecake Factory it would be about $7. I went to a Chinese restaurant the other day and their cheesecake was in a shot glass (yes, a TINY shot glass) and it was about $6. So Pastry Passion's prices aren't really that out of the way considering the quality. There is a pastry place behind Super Plus in Liguanea that was charging $350 for a slice of chocolate cake back in 2007 so I can only imagine the price of it now
    Yea I know, everywhere is expensive now, I just thought there cake would be off the charts since I haven't been purchasing any pastries since lately. The presentation is excellent. I just chose the wrong cakes. I'm so pissed lol.

Next time I'm trying the cheese cake with the chocalate topping, that has to be good. Rooty sponsor me, I can be your taste tester. Their strawberry cheescake was really good though, I bought that on the previous week

Why are you quoting your prices in $US, are you in the states?

Quote Originally Posted by Sophis View Post
    Has anyone ever seen Chocolate Chip Cheese Cake in Jamaica?

Had it in TT. It's the most mouth watering pastry everrrrr.

I am longing to reunite with it.
    Try the same place me and Rooty are talking about, Pastry Passions. They may have something close. I know I saw cheescake with chocolate topping and oreos and I think nuts. That's the one I wanted to try.

I need to visit the pastry shop at Devon House. I haven't been there in months, years maybe. I visit patty shops now and then for pastry, they are cheaper, but their serving sizes are so small.
    Last edited by silentburn; March 11, 2009 at 11:47 AM.
    For changing their manners and altering their customs, there is nothing better than music.

Confusious 400 BC.

Quote Originally Posted by silentburn View Post
    Yea I know, everywhere is expensive now, I just thought there cake would be off the charts since I haven't been purchasing any pastries since lately. The presentation is excellent. I just chose the wrong cakes. I'm so pissed lol.

Next time I'm trying the cheese cake with the chocalate topping, that has to be good. Rooty sponsor me, I can be your taste tester. Their strawberry cheescake was really good though, I bought that on the previous week

Why are you quoting your prices in $US, are you in the states?
    LOL, sponsor you? The recession is so bad that I've only had cake three times this year. Other than the restaurant, one was a free slice of cheesecake someone gave me that they had left over from a party and the other time I bought the Jello No Bake cheesecake and made it myself. Can't afford those luxuries anymore, lol. Yeah, I'm in the states studying for an advanced degree to put me one step closer to being Dr. Rooty lol
    Dear God,

Best regards,
    ME.

Thread Information