Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Rap and DanceHall Lyrics

Default Re: Rap and DanceHall Lyrics

Quote Originally Posted by MiTcHiE
    I guess macka diamond version is a response to kartel song. But to me I find this funny, real funny. SOmetimes I wonder if these artistes know how young people look up to them and glorify them and implement what they say in their songs into their lives. But when u think about it hard its not funny at all its rather sad.
    That's the thing too. As an adult I find the "Sound clash" funny but yeah it's kids that look at it seriously! Look how many little girls idolize LIL KIM! How scary is that?
    Tweeta Fineeta

Quote Originally Posted by Kitten
    Well maybe some women do like it. But I know that not all do. So its a matter of taste. And you are going to have that and your right. You cant do anything about it, except if you dont want to listen to it. You dont have too. Ok
    Let's take a moment to disect this comment.

Ok so we don't like it we don't listen. We are not the problem as we are older and already have a sound/unsound base. What about the 7 - 16yr olds do you tell them the same thing? what will a 7 - 16yr old kid who idolizes such an artist do?
    Confucious say "he who knows not and knows that he knows not is a fool, shun him." "he who knows not and knows that he knows not, is a child teach him"

Greatis why are you dissecting what im saying. What do you want to analyze everything someone says.
    Im a cool kitten

Quote Originally Posted by Greatis
    Let's take a moment to disect this comment.

Ok so we don't like it we don't listen. We are not the problem as we are older and already have a sound/unsound base. What about the 7 - 16yr olds do you tell them the same thing? what will a 7 - 16yr old kid who idolizes such an artist do?
    As a child, the way my parents were... they explained everything to me. They made me understand what is appropriate for adults, or even just other individuals, isn't necessarily appropriate for me.

My parents were like that in every scenario not only music... they were open about life period so that I understood, and didn't let a lack of knowlage, or curiosity alone, cause me to make poor decisions.
    Tweeta Fineeta

Quote Originally Posted by Kitten
    Greatis why are you dissecting what im saying. What do you want to analyze everything someone says.
    No kitten not like that at all. It's just that in some conversations people use that comment very often. I just decided to hightlight that comment because I see it used so often. I wasn't even aware that you had written it to be exact.

Please accept my sincerest apologies if you feel targeted in anyway.
    Confucious say "he who knows not and knows that he knows not is a fool, shun him." "he who knows not and knows that he knows not, is a child teach him"

i grew up listening to air supply, chicago and similar artists because thats all my parents listened to. if i listened to anything else that would be problems for muah. i got older and realised that what i was dying to experience in music when i was younger is pretty much crap.

i think that if more people to a stand it what their children listened to like my parents did. these artists and co. would be out of biz. a child who parents listening to these degrading lyrics going to develop a liking for these genres and start adopting the habits that are suggested.

thats just wat i think.

Word! lol that's what my parents did except I could listen to whatever I wanted they just made sure I was educated and stayed grounded you know what I mean?
    Tweeta Fineeta

I am curious to know why some people approve, glorify and love lyrics like:
    "Mi murda people eena broad daylight"?

Somebody explain why a song like this is celebrated so much?
    Working for a better future.

Even intelligent people who are not gun slingers glorify it too... and I can't seem to understand the significance of it. Can't be he flow of the song cos some people only know that one line....
    Women want one man to satisfy all their needs and men want all women to satisfy their one need!

if mi get this country fi run for 10 minutes a judgment upon certain artiste
    Crocusbag.com?
    Think it, believe it, achieve it Right Cash Cow?

Thread Information