Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Can fantasies be immoral?

Talking Re: Can fantasies be immoral?

Quote Originally Posted by Gwadinka View Post
    So ok, but the thing that is a problem for me in this is that by quoting the Bible all the time, some people are just assuming that everybody around here is Christian.
    No, but everyone has a right to say wat they want (as long as it's not too disrespectful). I don't go around boasting to be a Christian cause Jah knows... but for me it's just that when it comes to certain subjects, that's where I choose to turn for the ultimate answer, cause I believe that
    Quote Originally Posted by Gillion View Post
    The buck stops with GOD.
    ...In order to protect the the majority of the flock, the shepherds say to the sheep... do not go and read from that tree of mans wisdom. Lest you shall eat of it and die.
    So-called "shepherds" will do that. Wisdom comes from Jah. There are scholars that aren't Christian and they write some really interesting, positive and insightful stuff.

...It can be a door way to major confusion about the faith, cause strife in ones mind about the faith and result in that person becoming lost. Doctrines that counter precepts of faith have been know to drive people mad...
    It's one thing to be grounded, it's another thing to be 'straight-jacketly'/blindly grounded.
    People Call Me Rude...
    I Wish We All Were Nude...
    I Wish There Was No Black Or White...
    I Wish There Were No Rules!

Default Re: Can fantasies be immoral?

Maybe what I wrote has been taken as a complete rejection of Christian faith, but the thing is that by not diversifying your quotes, it is implicitely stated that the Bible contains the only truth therefore rejecting people whith different religions.
    But anyway, let's go back to the topic.
    We, the unwilling,led by the unknowing,are doing the impossible for the ungrateful. We have done so much,for so long,with so little,we are now qualified to do anything with nothing.

If music be the food of love, play on,
    Give me excess of it;that surfeited
    The appetite may sicken, and so die.

Maybe what I wrote has been taken as a complete rejection of Christian faith, but the thing is that by not diversifying your quotes, it is implicitely stated that the Bible contains the only truth therefore rejecting people whith different religions.

But anyway, let's go back to the topic.
    let's do
    People Call Me Rude...
    I Wish We All Were Nude...
    I Wish There Was No Black Or White...
    I Wish There Were No Rules!

Thumbs up Re: Can fantasies be immoral?

As long as you are a Christian, you are given reason to always quote from the bible and forward it as the PRIMARY source of their Philosophy.

It is a precept in the belief system and a matter of relatively pure faith that the bible is the word of GOD. So many Christians see no other reason to quote from elsewhere. The buck stops with GOD.

Christians are admonished to shy away from and reject the reason and wisdom of man. To attend only to the reason and wisdom of GOD who's root principles are written down in the Holy book.

To be a scholar of worldly reason and wisdom is seen as dangerous. Why ?

It can be a door way to major confusion about the faith, cause strife in ones mind about the faith and result in that person becoming lost. Doctrines that counter precepts of faith have been know to drive people mad.

In order to protect the the majority of the flock, the shepherds say to the sheep... do not go and read from that tree of mans wisdom. Lest you shall eat of it and die.

Do you understand ?

It is a warning to be wary.

This is because many Christians and none christians do not have minds that are built like a brick schithouse.

In fact this is not a flaw with Christians or Christianity or religion as a whole. It goes beyond religion. It is a flaw in HUMANITY.

We cannot stand to have the ground we are on shaken with any idea that counters the ones we hold dear.

We are not good at thinking outside the box without being royally messed up and drinking gallons of rum after doing that.

My ultimate point ?

Christians who have a mind built like a brick schithouse who are absolute scholars will be able to quote outside of the Bible.

They are often widely read in areas that are NOT typically read by other Christians.

They will show you that true Christianity is not a prison for the mind, If your mind can hack it.

Perhaps they will inspire you to become one yourself.

Lead by example... you know what I mean ?

Perhaps you are yet to meet such Christians.

Give it time.

This seal certifies that this post is the best possible answer.
    No further explanation is necessary.
    Approved and authorised by Xeno.
    © Copyright 2007, The Xeno Universal Library™.
    All Rights Reserved.
    © Copyright 2003 - 2008, Xenocratesian Institute of Awesomeness
    Example is better than Indoctrination @ http://xenlogic.wordpress.com
    "Xenocratus locuti est; causa finita est"
    All Rights Reserved.

Is it fair that our thoughts are so heavily scrutinized? Do we have full control over our thoughts?
    Money can't buy happiness, but it will buy the type of misery one can enjoy.

No. So long as you don't let some of those thoughts get you to act on them then you don't have an issue. You can't control what you think or how often you think it. God put some of those desires there y'know.
    © Copyright 2003 - 2008, Xenocratesian Institute of Awesomeness
    Example is better than Indoctrination @ http://xenlogic.wordpress.com
    "Xenocratus locuti est; causa finita est"
    All Rights Reserved.

Thread Information