Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What’s your exercise\workout routine like?

Default What’s your exercise\workout routine like?

What’s your exercise\workout routine like?

This question assumes you do participate in some structured exercise programme done at least 3 times a week.

Fist of all I don't go to any gym, I workout in the mornings at home.
    My daily exercise routine mostly consists of strength exercises i.e weight lifting.
    Typically I start out with a 5 min. warm up then move into some form of cardio such as speed skating, jumping jacks, skipping, jugging etc. for 10-15 minutes.
    The strength segment typically start out with abdominal work - crunches, oblique crunches, hanging leg rise, then the chest for bench presses, push ups and dumb bell flies.
    Triceps and biceps work consist of traditional curls, hammer curls and tricep dips.
    For the rest of the week I focus on the other areas such as back, shoulders, hams\quads calves etc. with a variety of exercises, I try to mix it up to retain interest.

Sundays, Wednesdays, and Saturdays would be off days for recovery purposes.

As of late however, I find that I work out mostly with Cathy or Gilad on Fit TV in the mornings. I really enjoy working out with Cathy especially when she focuses of weights such as her “slow and heavy” series or booth camp style routines.

Since the past few months I find that I'm no longer in the mood to exercise, I’m lacking stamina, and to make things worst I feel very hungry at nights for junk food. So I end up eating and thus sabotaging myself.

So what's your routine like, how do you remain motivated, handle your craving and what over the counter pills or supplement do you take to build up your stamina?
    Last edited by mead; May 12, 2007 at 12:47 PM.

Default Re: What’s your exercise\workout routine like?

SUNDAYS:
    Rest

MONDAYS:
    Push ups - 2 sets of 10
    Chest - bench press - flat; inclined; declined/flyes/cable pulls - 3 sets each exercise, at least 6 reps.
    Triceps - Cable pressdowns; overhead cable presses; dumbell skull busters; close grip push ups - 3 sets each exercise, at least 6 reps.
    Abs (lower) - inclined leg raises, slight angle - 3 sets, max reps.

TUESDAYS:
    Pull ups (wide, front) - 2 sets, 8 - 10 & 6 reps
    Back - Front lat. cable pull downs, wide; T-bar bent over rows; seated cable rows/puldowns/bent over one arm rows - 3 sets each exercise, at least 6 reps.
    Hyper extensions - 2 sets at least 8 reps each
    Deadlifts - 3 sets at least 6 reps each set
    Biceps - curls/hammer curls/concentration/preacher - 3 sets at least 6 reps each
    Abs (upper) - at least 4 sets of crunches.

WEDNESDAY:
    Rest

THURSDAYS:
    Cycle, stretch hamstrings.
    Legs - Squat (full); leg press; front leg extensions - 3 sets each exercise, at least 6 reps.
    Reverse leg extensions - 4 sets each exercise, at least 6 reps.
    Calf - tiptoes; raises on legpress machine - 3 sets each exercise, at least 6 reps.
    Waist - twists 9long bar) - 3 sets each exercise, at least 50 reps.

FRIDAYS:
    Standing flyes - 2 sete of 10
    Shoulders - Military press (behind); Front military press; dumbell overhead press - 3 sets each exercise, at least 6 reps.
    Shrugs (dumbel/barbell); traps raises; front lat. raises - 3 sets each exercise, at least 6 reps.
    Triceps - Cable pressdowns; overhead cable presses; dumbell skull busters; close grip push ups - 3 sets each exercise, at least 6 reps.
    Abs - lower and upper - mixed exercises.

SATURDAYS:
    Rest
    Last edited by CyberCat; May 16, 2007 at 06:37 PM.

Damn.... I need a Bowflex or Total gym
    Women want one man to satisfy all their needs and men want all women to satisfy their one need!

A 20 minute walk to the bus stop. Do that everyday, twice a day. It works magic.
    Money can't buy happiness, but it will buy the type of misery one can enjoy.

I go to the gym...

enough times a week as I can motivate myself to...

When i do make it, I do 1 hour aerobics and 1/2 hour weight training...

I drink at most 2 litres of water daily.

I eat very small servings of food in any one sitting... unless its pizza!!!

Umm.. yeah... thats it, just waiting on the results now....

SUMMAAA BADDAAAAYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!
    Still Searching... I'd rather be alone, than be unhappy.

50 push up in the morning and before i go bed and the gym every day that about it.
    "Integrity is what we do,
    what we say,
    and we say we."

5 minute walk to and from work......yup

fingers get nuff nuff wrkin out too... between the keyboards and the remote.... every single day....
    Age Quod Agis.....
    Fortis Forever

Finger pushups.

Typing.

UEFA Champions League in the nights

Clicking the TV remote.

My fingers are in pretty good shape.
    Working for a better future.

Thumbs up Re: What’s your exercise\workout routine like?

Bowflex™ 3 times a week at 5:00 am for the win! Work campus is big enough that I do roughly 2 miles worth of walking every day. Sweet? I think so! Only drawback? I'm so tired in the eves, that I can no longer do finger exercise and I'm out like a light (or tired enough to be) by 9:30 pm. My eyelids are so overweight. When am I going to get to the part where Tony Stark becomes a rogue Government agent? Civil War for the win!
    © Copyright 2003 - 2008, Xenocratesian Institute of Awesomeness
    Example is better than Indoctrination @ http://xenlogic.wordpress.com
    "Xenocratus locuti est; causa finita est"
    All Rights Reserved.

Well, during the semester I walk fifteen minutes to and from Liguanea about six days a week. So half an hour of walking not all that bad. Plus walking up and down on campus. But since school is out, my exercise regime looks a bit like this:
    Sundays - Clean
    Mondays - Sleep
    Tuesdays - Sleep
    Wednesdays - Sleep/Party
    Thursdays - Sleep/Party
    Fridays - Party
    Saturdays - Sleep/Party

So I figure that 3 or 4 hours of jumping up and down almost every night should be enough to get the summer body going. If not, I sleep for most of the day so I don't eat much anyway.
    Dear God,
    Please help all the gay/chinese/poor/jewish/mormon/boring/overly religious/Seventh Day Adventists/over users of the phrase 'aye caramba '/pedophiles

Best regards,
    ME.

.::If you take me seriously you are a closet homo-christian cos 50% of the time I'm only half kidding ::.

Attempting to get stupidity down to an exact science

Thread Information