Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Hurricane Season 2007 - 'Active' hurricane season ahead

Default Hurricane Season 2007 - 'Active' hurricane season ahead

Hurricane Season 2007
    'Active' hurricane season ahead

Yep, last year the "experts" were predicting a disastrous hurricane season. We all know what happened - or more correctly, what didn't happen. This year they are predicting yet again a very active hurricane season which starts June 1st 2007. The prediction of a very active season is due in part to the absent of El Nino, which would normally have the effect of countering the formation of these tropical storms.

National Weather Service forecasters said they expect 13 to 17 tropical storms, with seven to 10 of them becoming hurricanes…

They also believe that 3-5 of the storms will be Category 3 or higher.

An average Atlantic hurricane season brings 11 named tropical storms, six of which become hurricanes including two major ones, NOAA said.
    Let’s hope they’re wrong just like last year, but prepare ourselves non the less, we saw the first storm Andrea forming in mid May, a good 3 weeks before the official start of the season. I see this as an ominous sign.

Default Re: Hurricane Season 2007 - 'Active' hurricane season ahead

I already see evidence of them being right. It's been raining in where I live for a week... with some gust of wind.
    Women want one man to satisfy all their needs and men want all women to satisfy their one need!

It looks like the hurricane season has begun with a bang with the formation of Tropical Storm Barry in the Gulf of Mexico today. It looks like it's on a path to hit the "Great Satan" US in a few days.
    Last edited by mead; June 1, 2007 at 06:16 PM.

When did we reach B? I thought we not even have A yet....
    Women want one man to satisfy all their needs and men want all women to satisfy their one need!

Quote Originally Posted by mead View Post
    Andrea
    Quote Originally Posted by mead View Post
    Barry

Yep, its underway alright. Been raining cats and dogs since last nite. I woke up to hurricane like conditions, courtesy of a tropical storm north of hear apparently.
    Money can't buy happiness, but it will buy the type of misery one can enjoy.

Unhappy Re: Hurricane Season 2007 - 'Active' hurricane season ahead

Quote Originally Posted by Bahama Mama View Post
    Yep, its underway alright. Been raining cats and dogs since last nite. I woke up to hurricane like conditions, courtesy of a tropical storm north of hear here apparently.
    - Fixed. Bill is due on the 30th.

I love rain. Excellent for those of us who love to sleep. Now if only I could find a gir... ...nevermind.

We might get more than just Hurricanes this year. Last year, two waterspouts (tornadoes over water) which are normally seen off the coast of Nassau and Cuba were spotted in the northern waters of Jamaica. One of them came on land. I'm not particularly happy with the notion of twisters in the Caribbean. The climate is shifting I tell ya, and we don't build basements in Jamaica.
    © Copyright 2003 - 2008, Xenocratesian Institute of Awesomeness
    Example is better than Indoctrination @ http://xenlogic.wordpress.com
    "Xenocratus locuti est; causa finita est"
    All Rights Reserved.

Yah, i have a feeling we gonna get a beating with some rahtid winds
    Virus the prophet..?
    Make sure u buy ur supplies from now, remember i told u so

So, when is the season not active?

Xeno I saw one... or atleast I think I did sometime last week.... off the coast of clarendon..... but I never had my camera to take a pic. Really just looked like a spiral of clouds funnelling downwards....

I have a basement..... yay!!!

Thing is... it is in true "basement" fashion...subterrainean.... so if there is no swift run-off.....

Thread Information