Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Beautiful Imperfections

Default Beautiful Imperfections

Many approach love with an unrealistic expectation of "perfection"---in their relationships and in their loved ones.

But I've begun to believe that our imperfections can be as beautiful as our gifts and talents. They make us totally human. They make us genuine.

Here are ( just a few ) of mine:

I can be very VERY cold and unemotional at times - a psychologist also told me this (this comes off as me not caring - usually in relationships)

I am stubborn

I tend to shut people out very quickly and easily

I love being alone. (some may deem it as being anti-social)

I dont smile alot (I've been told that it comes off intimidated and i appear to be unapproachable)

I tend to be very independent (It sometimes comes off as me not needing anyone or anything.)

I can be moody though it hasnt happened in a long while There would be times when im just happy go lucky and in a blink of an eye i wouldnt want to talk to anybody.

I tend not to trust people very much or at all

I have a problem with holding on to the past

I expect things to go bad. I guess when you think like that you don't really get disappointed!

These are sum of mines...what are yours?
    Last edited by Evil_eyez; August 8, 2007 at 07:55 PM.
    "Pain is something we all do not need to go through. Sadly it's something we must go through to realize the good life. But achieving this goal means having our souls tortured for hours on end. Are you up to it?"

Default Re: Beautiful Imperfections

Quote Originally Posted by Evil_eyez View Post

I expect things to go bad. I guess when you think like that you don't really get disappointed![/I]
    but it also means u wont will not be albe to just enjoy things as they are without being apprehensive ......that takes all the happiness away ...or at least most of it.

u working to get rid of ne of these
    dem call me hot steppa .....mudera!

Quote Originally Posted by nuhsenutten View Post
    but it also means u wont will not be albe to just enjoy things as they are without being apprehensive ......that takes all the happiness away ...or at least most of it.

u working to get rid of ne of these
    I KNO...THATS THE WORST PART ABOUT IT
    IT'S LIKE I HATE BEING HAPPY BECAUSE FROM THAT MOMENT I'M WAITING FOR SOMETHING BAD TO HAPPEN

I AM WORKING ON THESE ISSUES..I'VE ALREADY TAKEN THE FIRST STEP....ADMITTING WHAT MY IMPERFECTIONS ARE!
    "Pain is something we all do not need to go through. Sadly it's something we must go through to realize the good life. But achieving this goal means having our souls tortured for hours on end. Are you up to it?"

Visiting a psychiatrist may help allot in your situation. They may be able to help you trace a primary source for your apprehensions and dismal view on things. Once you know the cause, then you can go about trying to find closure and proceed with life allot more happier.
    Money can't buy happiness, but it will buy the type of misery one can enjoy.

I think you got the gist of this thread a bit wrong....it was meant for everyone to post their little imperfections

Quote Originally Posted by Evil_eyez View Post
    I think you got the gist of this thread a bit wrong....it was meant for everyone to post their little imperfections
    My apologies, but I was being sincere nonetheless in my advice.
    Money can't buy happiness, but it will buy the type of misery one can enjoy.

I'm lazy (Selectively)

I Sleep too much

I don't trust (Selectively)

I'm anti-people (Selectively)

I'm always confused about everything

I don't know who I am

I don't know who or what makes me truly happy

My memory is... (forget what I was gonna say) (Selectively)

I have very very low self esteem

I lack Confidence

I really don't care

I'm not genuine (Selectively)

I'm a scaredy cat

I'm selfish

Oh Boy.. I think I need to start a thread to look at my positives before I go get depressed.
    Still Searching... I'd rather be alone, than be unhappy.

Lol...so how Evil_eyes get apologies...lol.

Anyways... I'm like Smiles....
    Last edited by Manu; August 8, 2007 at 10:26 PM.
    Women want one man to satisfy all their needs and men want all women to satisfy their one need!

I'm lazy (Extremely)

I want to Sleep too much

I'm anti-social

I'm always unsure about everything, even my existence

I don't know who I am (I've been singing this for so long)

I don't know who or what makes me truly happy. [X]

My short term memory is whack

I have very very low self esteem Used to

I lack Confidence

I care too much for others and not enough for myself

I study the digits of pi (Well did, but stopped at 101). Recite it every now and again just to see if I still have it

I'd rather listen than speak in general so people never know what I think (I'll take this one too.) Gwadinka, 2007

Nice Base smiles
    Last edited by recursion; August 9, 2007 at 11:05 AM.

This thread maks me think of Flaws and all by Beyoncé. Anyway my (beautiful?)imperfections are:

-I tend not to talk to people I don't know

-I'd rather listen than speak in general so people never know what I think

-It's not difficult for me to cut people of(f?, i'm not sure) my life when I deem that enough is enough

- If I've been around a lot of people for a long time (for me), I tend to live the next few days as an ermit no phone calls, emails etc

- I do not show my emotions easily so public or private displays of affection are not for me

- It's very easy for me to hold a grudge, I may forget what you did, but I'll never forget that you betrayed/deceived me

What a nice character, isn't it?
    We, the unwilling,led by the unknowing,are doing the impossible for the ungrateful. We have done so much,for so long,with so little,we are now qualified to do anything with nothing.

If music be the food of love, play on,
    Give me excess of it;that surfeited
    The appetite may sicken, and so die.

Thread Information