View Poll Results: Have you read "Rich Dad Poor Dad" before seeing this thread?

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

2 25.00%
  • No

6 75.00%

Thread: Recommended reading:Rich Dad Poor Dad

Default Recommended reading:Rich Dad Poor Dad

I,m now reading Robert T. Kiyosaki, All books in the series. (Rich Dad Poor Dad and subsequent releases + audiovisual materials and the board games).

Read this and other such material and all of our nation and the worlds problems will become apparent. I am hoping to see the direction of most of our more popular threads altered after a few of us decide to focus our time on these types of material.

I highly recommend that we all either buy or borrow these materials (legally) and continue to grow smarter.

BLESS
    GIVE GOD THANKS

Default Re: Recommended reading:Rich Dad Poor Dad

I remember seeing the infomercial on TV many years ago, always wanted to read the book. One major criticism of this book I have read is that the author doesn’t go into the practical aspect of how to make money, he start out with vague money-making strategies in the beginning of the book, but fail to explain in detail HOW TO ACTUALY DO IT.
    Anyway I still want to read it for myself, I know there are pdf versions of the book floating around online but I want to get a legit copy. How can I get a legit hardcopy copy of this book, not to buy but to borrow?

I started reading a hard-copy, had to return it...resorted to an e-book, got bored...Tried the audio version...fell asleep....

@recursion - LOL, intersting because i am hooked on all the media u have listed. esp. the audiobooks and tapes - all but the board game, i practice on the egames for now.

Quote Originally Posted by mead
    One major criticism of this book I have read is that the author doesn’t go into the practical aspect of how to make money, he start out with vague money-making strategies in the beginning of the book, but fail to explain in detail HOW TO ACTUALY DO IT.
    For that you will have to read the subsequent releases, Rich Dad's Cashflow Quadrant and Rich Dad's Guide to Investing.

There are a few more in the series but the message is about changing the way we think and start thinking like the rich rather than a specific strategy in getting rich. Although I must admit that his method is a very good one and also similar to the strategies that i am currently exploring.

@mead - a bookstore in new kgn besides Anbell named BOOKLAND is rearly ever out of stock whenever i recommend it to others.
    Last edited by g2cris; October 17, 2007 at 08:51 AM.
    GIVE GOD THANKS

Thread Information