View Poll Results: Would you give information on criminal activites to the police?

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

14 73.68%
  • No

5 26.32%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Would you give information on criminal activities to the police?

Default Re: Would you give information on criminal activities to the police?

If there was gaurantee on anonimity, then hell yeah!!!

But anyways, my poll vote was yes!
    If I were an enzyme I would be DNA helicase so I could unzip his genes

- Root_gal

Has anyone here reported a crime and if so whats is the proceedure.
    Everyone is saying yes but only under anonimity so if I call the police lets say.... from a phone box in 1/2 way tree and report something or give them a tip as to where they can locate someone, they gonna ask me for info about myself and so on??
    I understand if there's a reward and you want to claim it you would have to let your self be known but besides those instances can't one remain anonimous??
    Last edited by Temptress; January 24, 2006 at 11:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Temptress
    Has anyone here reported a crime and if so whats is the proceedure.
    Called police when crime in progress, but that's about it. Never had to do anything else.

Everyone is saying yes but only under anonimity so if I call the police lets say.... from a phone box in 1/2 way tree and report something or give them a tip as to where they can locate someone, they gonna ask me for info about myself and so on??
    Not sure about that. I think King Fish supposed to be anonymous.
    I understand if there's a reward and you want to claim it you would have to let your self be known but besides those instances can't one remain anonimous??
    I think you can be anonymous to an extent, but even if you cannot, should criminals be allowed to continue their rampage? If everyone spoke out and made things difficult for criminals, whether anonymous or not, criminals could not stop them all.
    Working for a better future.

Smile Re: Would you give information on criminal activities to the police?

its kinda like in spider man when spiderman didn't get the money from this guy for winning the contest all the guy said to him was "i missed the part where that was my problem", and then a robber came in and stole the money from that dude and spiderman let him get away by steppin aside to let him into the elevator... when the dude asked him why he let him get away spiderman replied... "i missed the part where that was my problem"
    but it was his problem because that same man that robbed the dude needed a get away car and killed spiderman's uncle to get his... *sigh* it really is all of us problem, we have to fight it together and form an alliance with the police, cuz it affects us all.
    DiS KiD KuRupT , KriSiS ah BRuK KraZy InnA YuH KoRNa iF Ya DiSreSpeK KriTz ... KroSs da LiNe wid KriTz aN Doc. aH LaBel yu KaSe a *~KriTiKaL KoNdiTiON~*

The anti-informer culture isn't unique to Jamaica. There this Stop Snitchin' campaign in the US. Rappers etc. are encouraging people to not cooperate with the police.

That's only because of racism. Black americans are inclined to believe that the cops will give them a hard time just because they're black. Unfortunately, the canvas hatred for 5-0 by black americans also cloaks those among them which are actually wrong doers. That's a cultural phenomenon gone horribly awry.
    Copyright 2003 - 2008, Xenocratesian Institute of Awesomeness
    Example is better than Indoctrination @ http://xenlogic.wordpress.com
    "Xenocratus locuti est; causa finita est"
    All Rights Reserved.

What's Jamaica's excuse?

In Jamaica, many police and criminals are effectively the same people. That's why so many criminals are signing up to be cops, and why so many cops are corrupt. What you see on the news is just criminals in uniform beating down on criminals in casuals. Those in the force which are blameless are collectively lumped along with those which abuse authority for their own nefarious agenda. However, one set outnumbers the other.
    Copyright 2003 - 2008, Xenocratesian Institute of Awesomeness
    Example is better than Indoctrination @ http://xenlogic.wordpress.com
    "Xenocratus locuti est; causa finita est"
    All Rights Reserved.

I dunno. It just makes no sense to me that people turn a blind eye to criminality in their community, shelter criminals, then bawl and cry out for help when said criminals turn on them. If they were informing on these crooks, they wouldn't feel safe enough to wreak the havoc that they do.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCryptoKnight View Post
    I dunno. It just makes no sense to me that people turn a blind eye to criminality in their community, shelter criminals, then bawl and cry out for help when said criminals turn on them. If they were informing on these crooks, they wouldn't feel safe enough to wreak the havoc that they do.
    It's not as easy as that. I know a family (all 5 of them) that died because on person decided to 'rat' to the cops. It's sad, but so true. The police can't be trusted, and until they can (which is a hard task), it just seems safer keeping you mouth shut.
    You know what?! Just live everyday as if it's your last.
    Why? Because one of these days, you're gonna be sooo right.

Thread Information