Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: In a relationship, how long should you wait before getting married?

Default In a relationship, how long should you wait before getting married?

How long should you be in a relationship before you get married?
    Working for a better future.

Default Re: In a relationship, how long should you wait before getting married?

Another smack bottom BCK, comming up with these tough questions.

I think at least a year. Alot of getting to know each other, prayer and making sure this person is the one.

Also, it would depends on the person's age and situation to marry any later or sooner.
    Like if there is alot of distance between the two parties, I say wait a couple of years. Spend some quality time together. If I am in my 50s approaching 60s, a year won't be bad.

i think the longer to wait, the stronger the marriage will be.
    Living my life in Christ like its golden.

hohoho....bck...that one is well touchy.....how long is a peice of string......
    how about until you feel right and the feeling is mutual....

edit*
    if you are an illegal alien, then i guess straight away....sorz....couldnt help that one....

Quote Originally Posted by deakie
    hohoho....bck...that one is well touchy.....how long is a peice of string......
    how about until you feel right and the feeling is mutual....

edit*
    if you are an illegal alien, then i guess straight away....sorz....couldnt help that one....
    LOL deakie ur a joker u know, yu crack mi up!
    Living my life in Christ like its golden.

i aim to please while being serious....

life too short man......cho

Some people now-a-days treat marriage as if it was going into a boyfriend/girlfriend relationship like in high school days. They enjoy being together for a while, then just breakup afterwards. Do it for the fun of it. Taking marriage for a joke.

I believe you should form a friendship before you get married. Not basing your marriage on if you both FEEL good about each other. Feelings come and go like the wind. Do we stay angry forever? Do we stay sad forever? If persons build thier marriage on a foundation of feelings, then that marriage is going to crumble like dust.

Build a friendship. If your spouse gets in a accident and gets disfigured, you can rely on your friendship to pull you through. That is, if you plan on spending the rest of your life with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Arch_Angel
    I believe you should form a friendship before you get married. ...

Build a friendship. If your spouse gets in a accident and gets disfigured, you can rely on your friendship to pull you through. That is, if you plan on spending the rest of your life with them.
    Well said. I agree with you 100%
    Working for a better future.

People have the delusion that they will get to know the person more when they are married. That is so wrong!!!! They are practically marrying a stranger.

Get to know the person BEFORE marriage. Marriage brings more problems that both the man and woman will need to deal with. When these problems arise, you need someone who you can trust, someone you know who will stick with you no matter what, someone you know who won't bail on you when it gets hard.

If people are willing to get married to a strangerand soend the rest of thier lives with them, why not start a relationship with God? Sounds like the perfect stranger to spend the rest of your life with.

Marriage is honourable.

Hmm...I think that persons should date each other for about two years before getting married. Like Arch_Angel said you should know your spouse fully before taking the step of marriage like "outside the heavy makeup"..LOL

People these days are taking marriage as a joke. That's why there is an increase in the number of divorce cases. To add insult to injury, check and see what the divorce is about...like today I saw on TV a wife wanting a divorce from her husbband cause he put on weight Some people also jump into marriage cause of a child created between them outside of marriage and they feel the best hope is getting married. I don't support this cause even if you made a mistake with that persons in having a child don't mean that person is the truth one for you.

Before jumping into marriage, people must have their priorities straight out especialy young pals. Firstly proper education is the way to survive in the 21st century. This includes university degrees, bachelors, etc....Once this is complete, then focus on starting a family with that special someone.

Remember a marriage joins two (man and woman) into one. That way, both persons share their joys, happiness, and pains. That's why the vows say "in sickness and in the health"

21 years and based on how we felt about each other after being together for a while too....
    stats of daily life defines how you cope together. but if your feelings arent mutual to any relationship, it aint going nowhere.
    most of the relationships i have seen based on some kind of logical thought of success didnt make it. they just wind up drifting apart as there was nothing there to hold them in the first place.
    love is a feeling. feeling are your emotions. its difficult to be guided by just the logic of thought when the very essence of our being is feelings.

Thread Information