Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Life in a garrison community - what's it really like?

Default Re: Life in a garrison community - what's it really like?

Quote Originally Posted by nester-san
    So you make a mistake, and through someone else's carelessnes you might get shot ?
    Thatís quite possible. But that also depend on who you are. Some persons can make that same mistake and the person who laid the goods careless is the one punish for it. You see in these communities if you are known to push up yourself in Ďbad maní business and you are not the don or the don second then if you slip you slide. A person like me now, if I made that same mistake nothing would come of it, the man who laid it careless would have to pay for it and thatís simply because I donít mix-up with Ďbad maní and my family have certain level of respect. Its complicated, but some things are not spelt out to you.. you just know.
    Revolution!!!

Hail

So what we see here by Justice's description is that justice in these communities is no different from anywhere else.

Just as anywhere else justice is skewed by politics, in-equity and favoritism of sorts, depending on who you are, who knows you and what level of respect your name carries will determine how you are treated and how you are judged.

Izemi-Clem
    Jah Guides us
    He serves and protects
    He is everything to everyone
    Jah Guide
    Root Cause wants YOU to "SEH SUP'M"

Quote Originally Posted by Bahama Mama
    Do they have correction facilities to house so called criminals in these garrison communities?
    Actually they do in a number of garrisons have their own prisons just like the one the state has . It was also in the newspaper about a year or 2 ago that a man had escaped from one in st.catherine , i know of more but cannot disclose the locations here . So for those who dont know , they do have prisons

How does someone become a "Don"? Is it an elected position?
    Working for a better future.

It's would seem more like a Dictatorship kinda thing to me...
    You know what?! Just live everyday as if it's your last.
    Why? Because one of these days, you're gonna be sooo right.

Quote Originally Posted by bernie View Post
    It's would seem more like a Dictatorship kinda thing to me...
    Why do people accept a dictatorship? A dictator can't run things on his own. People have to support him. If the people decide they aren't going to support him, it's over for him. Why don't ghetto people just rise up and boot out these criminals?

Because they provide for them. Forget the fact that they live in terror. 2000 to buy a new shoes or a pound of flour while all you is sit on a corner whole day goes a lot further than killing your friend because he crossed the lines. Most of them are just selfish and lazy. Once they benefit.... to hell with everyone else.

"So wen fadda gone... who ago gimmie money fi sen my 5 pikney dem go a school? A fadda tek care a wi and gi wi food eat and it nah guh suh"

Never mind that he terrorized about 10 families before she could get her cut....
    Women want one man to satisfy all their needs and men want all women to satisfy their one need!

For once the thugs in two downtown Kingston communities are using their 'powers' for good.

Thugs from Denham Town and Tivoli Gardens, west Kingston, have found a unique way to encourage students from their communities to do well.

'Orders' have been given that children are not to be seen on the streets any time after 8 p.m. If they are seen and are not able to give a 'valid' excuse, a beating is imposed.
    Read more.

This is madness masquerading under the guise of "encouragement".
    What is sad is that:
    Head of operations for the Kingston Western Division, Deputy Superintendent Aurthur Brown, told the WEEKEND STAR that the police have embraced the move.

"I've heard of it and it's something we don't mind as we don't want the kids on the streets after certain hours," DSP Brown said.
    If the police are going to legitimize terrorism from common criminals, then where does that leave us?

LOL.... them need the help. Ends justifies the means? Just goes to show who has the handle and who has the blade. I think it is really stupid to negotiate peace with area leaders but at the same time, its a necessity as countless lives are spared.
    Women want one man to satisfy all their needs and men want all women to satisfy their one need!

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCryptoKnight View Post

If the police are going to legitimize terrorism from common criminals, then where does that leave us?
    *shakes head* It is a shame and disgrace that the law actually endorses criminality and their 'under-cover' movements.
    Living my life in Christ like its golden.

Thread Information