View Poll Results: Which singer is better?

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • Mariah Carey

7 87.50%
  • Celine Dion

1 12.50%

Thread: Which is better? Mariah Carey or Celine Dion

Default Which is better? Mariah Carey or Celine Dion

I'm a taking a month long poll to find out which singer is better?

I'm talking about the quality of the music put forward not because of how much records sold or sheer talent but the music that they put out!
    Women want one man to satisfy all their needs and men want all women to satisfy their one need!

Default Re: Which is better? Mariah Carey or Celine Dion

mimi off course... celine can sing can sing real good but for me it has to be mimi
    Life is short, break the rules, forgive quickly, kiss slowly, love truely, laugh uncontrollably, and never regret anything that made you

I can't really decided. they both are exceptional singers with great ranges (the best if you ask me). They both sing great (hits) song, the both write awsome songs too. only thing is that celine has a more angelic thing about her. mimi has become more or less like a semi-stripper.
    You know what?! Just live everyday as if it's your last.
    Why? Because one of these days, you're gonna be sooo right.

sorry but just never took to Celine's annoying voice at all. I have to go with my wife Mariah Carey-Greatis
    Confucious say "he who knows not and knows that he knows not is a fool, shun him." "he who knows not and knows that he knows not, is a child teach him"

Song content, as in meaningful love songs, songs to make you fall in love or true expressions of feelings - Celine.

Mariah nuh really cut it fe me as a "Artiste" performer yes, but nothing more. But melt away was good and always be my baby. Me nuh sure. Me nah've no Celine album have bout three fe mariah.

ME tek it back.
    If I were an enzyme I would be DNA helicase so I could unzip his genes

- Root_gal

Two albums:

Vision of Love
    and
    Mariah Carey Unplugged

What more do I need to say?
    Last edited by ramesh; April 18, 2008 at 10:07 AM.
    Life: "It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing." - MacBeth
    http://www.caribyard.com/forums/search.php?do=getnew
    Providence protects children and idiots. I know because I have tested it.
    Echinsu Ocha
    Darmok and Jalad at Tanagra
    Social occasions are only warfare concealed.
    "Why did God make us so different if he wanted us to all be the same?"

Thats what I been saying and I said it yesterday and it was like I committed blasphemy or something. Yes Celine does some great songs but better than Mariah? In terms of versatility and quality of music? That's like saying Diana Ross is better than Aretha. Yeah she has nice songs but better than Aretha? You must be plucking high.

And Bernie, I don't think Celine writes songs. Maybe the french ones but the english ones are mostly given to her and she is coached how to sing it and then she adds her little much. Mariah writes about 85% of all her songs, she even comes up with the beats and music sometimes and ofcourse she sings the hell of them in how she wants it to sound.

And I don't want to really influence the board with supplemental info but this is worth mentioning. She is now second to only the beatles in terms of the amount of number 1 singles she has in a career than spans 18 years. She now has 18 number ones as "Touch My Body" reached number one. Celine has 4 in a similar timespan. Big up Mariah!
    Women want one man to satisfy all their needs and men want all women to satisfy their one need!

Quote Originally Posted by Manu View Post
    Thats what I been saying and I said it yesterday and it was like I committed blasphemy or something. Yes Celine does some great songs but better than Mariah? In terms of versatility and quality of music? That's like saying Diana Ross is better than Aretha. Yeah she has nice songs but better than Aretha? You must be plucking high.

And Bernie, I don't think Celine writes songs. Maybe the french ones but the english ones are mostly given to her and she is coached how to sing it and then she adds her little much. Mariah writes about 85% of all her songs, she even comes up with the beats and music sometimes and ofcourse she sings the hell of them in how she wants it to sound.

And I don't want to really influence the board with supplemental info but this is worth mentioning. She is now second to only the beatles in terms of the amount of number 1 singles she has in a career than spans 18 years. She now has 18 number ones as "Touch My Body" reached number one. Celine has 4 in a similar timespan. Big up Mariah!
    If I were an enzyme I would be DNA helicase so I could unzip his genes

- Root_gal

Thread Information