Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Extradition

Default Re: Extradition

Bernie, long time I've been saying that politicians in Jamaica are corrupt on all sides, and that those who blindly pledge allegiance to one or the other, are not really helping the situation.

Y'all wanted a change, well ... here you go. Enjoy.
    Working for a better future.

BCK, only foolish political loyalists didn't want a change, so scrap the sarcasm. Sure, our current state is far worse than we would have like, but I must give credit to both major political parties...especially the PNP for the screw ups. I was talking to a friend the other day who told me to forget about PNP's time in office. I told him I would....if at the end of their tenure they had given the new administration the reset switch to put the economy and exchange rate right back where they got it 20 years ago. Until then....

Unlike you BCK, the American media seem to be highliting both parties as having ties to violent gangs and coruption. I hear your arguments about you highliting corruption on both sides, but then you follow up with your sarcasm? You mean you didn't see a need for change? Please...
    You know what?! Just live everyday as if it's your last.
    Why? Because one of these days, you're gonna be sooo right.

Quote Originally Posted by bernie View Post
    B
    Unlike you BCK, the American media seem to be highliting both parties as having ties to violent gangs and coruption.
    bernie, you are mistaken. I have stated openly that both parties are corrupt, and have been in bed with criminals. Check the board and see that.

Quote Originally Posted by bernie
    I hear your arguments about you highliting corruption on both sides, but then you follow up with your sarcasm? You mean you didn't see a need for change? Please...
    I agree that Jamaica needs a change, but it isn't merely a change of govt. that is really needed. Jamaica needs a change in attitude of the people. Jamaica needs a change in its political system which supports corruption.

You can't blame the PNP for this current debaucle with Dudus and extradition. This is 100% JLP screw up. To even talk about PNP in this topic is a sorry attempt at drawing attention away from the fact that this JLP govt. needs to be held accountable for the lies, cover ups, and dirty politics that it has been engaged in. They flat out lied to the Jamaican people about the Mannatt issue. What else have they been untruthful about?

The "18 years of PNP" argument can't save this govt. from being held accountable for its current incompetence.

And the stupid truth about this is, people are going to start forgetting what PNP has done, and put them back into power based on fresh memories of the JLP screw ups.

Uhg! I can take another term with dis government, before my disgust for PNP dies down, or another alternative comes about.

That's why after the first two times voting, I stopped. It didn't make any difference, it was either frying pan or fire. I'll stay away from the polls until they add another option: "None of the Above".
    Life: "It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing." - MacBeth
    http://www.caribyard.com/forums/search.php?do=getnew
    Providence protects children and idiots. I know because I have tested it.
    Echinsu Ocha
    Darmok and Jalad at Tanagra
    Social occasions are only warfare concealed.
    "Why did God make us so different if he wanted us to all be the same?"

Quote Originally Posted by Arch_Angel View Post
    And the stupid truth about this is, people are going to start forgetting what PNP has done, and put them back into power based on fresh memories of the JLP screw ups.

Uhg! I can take another term with dis government, before my disgust for PNP dies down, or another alternative comes about.
    Don't hold your breath. JLP will not get another term. They messed up way too badly. No JLP supporter can honestly say that the country is being run properly under Bruce right now.

Quote Originally Posted by ramesh View Post
    That's why after the first two times voting, I stopped. It didn't make any difference, it was either frying pan or fire. I'll stay away from the polls until they add another option: "None of the Above".
    Same thing I say. The Jamaican political system is flawed. To have to chose between one set of corrupt politicians or another set of corrupt politicians, is no choice at all.

Talking Re: Extradition

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCryptoKnight View Post
    Don't hold your breath. JLP will not get another term. They messed up way too badly. No JLP supporter can honestly say that the country is being run properly under Bruce right now.
    I am holding my breath. Everytime I see portia and hear her speak, encourages me to hold my breath for as long as I can.

Cool Re: Extradition

Quote Originally Posted by Arch_Angel View Post
    I am holding my breath. Everytime I see portia and hear her speak, encourages me to hold my breath for as long as I can.
    You are gonna turn blue.
    THE Saga surrounding the engagement of Manatt, Phelps & Phillips to lobby the United States (US) government on the extradition matter involving alleged crime lord Christopher Coke took a new twist yesterday when Prime Minister Bruce Golding admitted that he gave orders for the US law firm to be contacted.

In a statement to Parliament yesterday, Golding said that he, in his capacity as leader of the Jamaica Labour Party (JLP), gave authorisation for Manatt, Phelps & Phillips to help lobby the United States on the extradition issue.

"I sanctioned the initiative, knowing that such interventions have, in the past, proven to be of considerable value in dealing with issues involving governments of both countries," the prime minister told Parliament.

Added Golding: "I made it clear, however, that this was an initiative to be undertaken by the party, not by or on behalf of the Government."

The revelation by the prime minister caused a firestorm in Gordon House as opposing members traded insults across the political divide, many imputing motives.

Some members of the Opposition People's National Party (PNP) even labelled Prime Minister Golding a liar.
    Read more

AMID mounting criticisms over the Government's credibility, Prime Minister Bruce Golding yesterday admitted in Parliament that he had given the green light for the ruling party to engage the services of US law firm Manatt Phelps and Phillips.

Golding confessed that he had "sanctioned" persons in the Jamaica Labour Party (JLP) to approach Manatt Phelps and Phillips to lobby the United States administration to drop its extradition request for Christopher 'Dudus' Coke to face drug and gun-running charges there.

"I sanctioned the initiative, knowing that such interventions have in the past proven to be of considerable value in dealing with issues involving the governments of both countries. I made it absolutely, unmistakably clear, however, that this was an initiative to be undertaken by the party, not by or on behalf of the Government," the embattled Golding said.

Prior to the admission yesterday, the Government had fiercely denied any involvement in engaging the firm. Instead, it had said it was "persons within the JLP" who approached attorney-at-law Harold Brady in September last year to seek his assistance in facilitating the opening of discussions between the US authorities and the Government of Jamaica in seeking to resolve what had become a treaty dispute between the two countries.
    Read more

"The NDM finds it unbelievable that Mr Golding, after promising the people of Jamaica honest leadership and good governance at his inauguration, after eighteen and a half years of corruption and mismanagement, could renege on that promise and in the process has disappointed millions of Jamaicans at home and abroad who were hoping for positive and transformative leadership from him," deLisser said.
    "Resign!" says Bruce's old party.

Bruce cannot be trusted.

JLP has failed.

Time to get rid of them.

Jamaica needs a change now!

So my understanding is that the JLP (not the Government) took upon itself the task of "requesting" the US Government to withdraw it's extradition request.

Why would a political party concern itself with matters of International Law? Isn't that for the courts or the Government to decide?
    Life: "It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing." - MacBeth
    http://www.caribyard.com/forums/search.php?do=getnew
    Providence protects children and idiots. I know because I have tested it.
    Echinsu Ocha
    Darmok and Jalad at Tanagra
    Social occasions are only warfare concealed.
    "Why did God make us so different if he wanted us to all be the same?"

Thread Information